The Society of St. Vincent de Paul of
Turn in an application to our Community Center or Dining Room Office on the corner of
View the application form here (link). You are welcome to print, fill out this application, and drop it off at the St. Vincent de Paul in downtown
For more information about the program or for information about eligibility, call 510/877-9212.
What is the Kitchen of Champions?
- A 12 week hands-on Job Training program in the Culinary Arts (Cooking and Foodservice prep)
- Coaching to develop strong, successful work habits.
- Case Management and Support Services to address personal needs and challenges
- Employment Services to help participants achieve employment
Requirements (Eligible people are):
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be drug and alcohol free
- English skills sufficient to read and communicate in English
- Either unemployed or under employed
- Reading at a middle school level (or above) and in possession of basic math skills
- Be willing to work with a team
- Available to be in class from 8am to 12pm and 10:30 am to 2:30 pm, Mon-Fri
- Curious, ready to learn, and willing to do homework
- Must be capable of standing and walking for four hours at a time
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lb.
- Willing to spend one shift volunteering at SVdP Dining Room prior to start of class
- Must be interested in a career in food service
This training is provided at no cost.